About Dr. Jojo Joseph
Senior Consultant - Surgical Oncology Caritas Cancer Institute Kottayam & Indira Gandhi Co-Operative Hospital Kochi
Dr. Jojo. V Joseph is one of the renowned and senior Surgical Oncologists (Onco Surgeon) in South India and Kerala, who hails from Kottayam, Kerala.
He qualified in medicine from Medical College Kottayam in 1991 (MBBS). He pursued and finished his MS in General Surgery from M.P Shah Medical College Jamnagar.
He also acquired MCh. in Oncology Surgery (Surgical Oncology) in 1999 from Gujarat Cancer & Research Institute B.J. Medical College Ahmadabad. In addition, he did Fellowship in Surgical Oncology at GCRI Ahmadabad. He also completed his fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery. He is one of the senior most MCh qualified Onco Surgeon (Surgical Oncologist) in Kerala.
His goal in cancer care is to help patients to live longer, lead better lives and improve quality of living. He strives to be a model of excellence in surgical oncology research and treatment. Dr. Jojo Joseph wants to achieve professional fulfilment and accomplish breakthroughs in surgical oncology practice.
His better half Dr. Jincy Mathew is senior consultant radiologist at Caritas Hospital, Kottayam. Son Nikhil is doing Medicine.
MBBS. Medical College Kottayam
MG University, Kerala, India
MS. General Surgery
M.P Shah Medical College Jamnagar, Saurashtra University
MCh Oncology Surgery
Gujarat Cancer & Research Institute, B.J. Medical College, Ahmadabad
Fellowship in Surgical Oncology
GCRI - Ahmadabad
- Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery (FMAS)
- Senior consultant in surgical oncology at Caritas Cancer Institute, Kottayam
- Senior consultant in surgical oncology at Indira Gandhi Co-Operative Hospital, Kochi
- Was Senior Consultant - Onco Surgeon, Apollo Hospitals, Dhaka
- Dr. Jojo V Joseph was instrumental in starting and commissioning Caritas Cancer Institute (Second non-Governmental Cancer Institute in Kerala).
- He developed surgical Oncology department at Caritas Cancer Institute Kottayam and is the best surgical oncology center in Kerala now.
- Developed surgical oncology department at cancer care division of Indira Gandhi Co-Operative Hospital Kochi (Ernakulam).
- Dr. Jojo V Joseph developed surgical oncology department at cancer care division of Apollo hospital in Dhaka (Presently Ever Care Hospital)
- Trained many surgeons in the field of surgical Oncology.
- Active participant in various community oncology programmes like screening, early detection camp, etc.
- Actively involved in tobacco cessation programme.
- Resource person for conferences and workshops of surgical oncology, head and neck oncology, GI surgical oncology, etc. in India and abroad.
- Surgeries performed: More than 16,000+ minor and major cancer surgeries performed Independently.
Participating in Community cancer prevention programmes.